The best raisins in the world are grown in la Axarquía. The raisins of the moscatel grape of la Axarquía are a healthy and exquisite food, characterized by their big size and intense sweetness.
With this interesting experience you will discover how the raisins are produced, recently declared the first european product to become World Agricultural Heritage. We invite you to enter the deep Axarquía to know all the secrets of this delicacy.
The first stop of our route will be in an andalusian farmhouse with beautiful views and picturesque awnings. You will meet a local family that lives and breathes raisin production and will show you everything about their processes.
Next stop will be in Almáchar, capital of the moscatel raisin. We will walk along their beautiful streets where you can find endless references to this crop, main economic support of the town. We will also visit the Museum of the Raisin, where we will learn more about this food and observe the tools used to harvest and prepare them in the old times. Once finished the visit to the museum, we will head to El Borge, in the heart of the raisin route.
To end, we will visit Moclinejo, a small town embedded in the mountains where we will enjoy a delicious lunch and taste the typical gastronomy of this municipality.
- Transport from your accomodation in the coast from Torre del Mar to Nerja (other locations under request) in a Mercedes Vito van.
- Host/driver fluent in english-german-spanish.
- Reduced group, minimum 2, maximum 8 persons.
- Visit to an andalusian farmhouse.
- Visit to Almáchar.
- Visit to the Museum of the Raisin.
- Visit to Moclinejo.
- Visit to El Borge.
- Menu lunch + 1 drink (let us know if you have any special need).
To get the most out of the experience, we present you the following advice:
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- If you tend to get dizzy in car trips, we recommend you to take an anti dizziness pill.
- Bring a water bottle.
- If you are coming in the hot months, make sure to use sunscreen.